3 Elements That Make a Good Appellate Brief

An appellate brief is your best chance to argue why the reviewing court should reverse or affirm a lower court’s judgment. Most appeals are decided without an oral argument. Even in instances where there is an oral argument, judges believe that briefs have been far more critical in the decision-making process. An experienced appeal lawyer […]

Understanding the Appeals Process

A judgment against you in a trial court doesn’t have to be the end of the road. An appeal can be challenged against a judgment, decree, or order before a superior court. But the appeal must pass through several steps. Here, we discuss the major steps for the appeals process. Hiring an Appellate Attorney Not […]

How Often Are Appeals Successful?

When a defendant is found guilty, he or she can sometimes appeal the decision in appellate court. Though an appeal is not the same as another trial, nor does it have to result in another trial, it can be pursued to point out possible errors made during the first trial. An appeal simply asks for […]

Reasons to Hire an Appellate Lawyer

An appeal is a request to a higher court to review the lower court’s decision. While you cannot add new evidence this time, an experienced appeal lawyer can analyze the judgment for trial court errors. Then they can present them in their brief. Appellate lawyers bring a fresh perspective to the case by searching the […]

Why Trial Lawyers Aren’t the Right Choice to Manage Appeals

It’s not easy to accept a judgment when you lose a case. Sometimes there are valid reasons to want to appeal the decision. When you are thinking about appealing a ruling, consider whom you will have representing you. Should you stick with your trial lawyer, or is it better to get an appellate lawyer to […]

Load More

Speak with an appellate lawyer.